Tuesday 10 April 2012

To Owner Build or Not to Owner Build ... that is the question?


The Sand Pad on our block ... Now the fun begins.


First I worked out our budget ... a few said we couldn't do it & I must admit shes tight but I am being pleasantly surprised as long as I can find alternatives .... Once we worked out our budget we started to look around first at building companies, then at steel framed, then at transportable & decided we would get more bang for our buck if we took on the world of owner builder. I started to do research as we had no idea what we were doing ... after alot of research we decided owner builder wasn't for us but decided to go contract building instead. This gives us the flexibility to owner build but to be overseen by a reg builder. After working out what we can & can not afford we have decided to build a Shouse (Shed/House). We have sourced a builder who has been owner builder twice himself ... he gets me & has contributed in a supportive manner. Some of my ideas have been a bit out there for him but he works through them with me nothing is to hard. The sand pad is almost finished ... now all the fun begins. Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment