Monday 9 April 2012

Well here goes .....

 This Kitchenette was rescued from an old farm shed it had about 8 coates of paint ... we rubbed it back & wala. The clock is from Ireland a hand me down from a family member. Some of the Tins are quite old one of my fav's is a Peters Ice Cream Tin. The singer sewing machine was a 40th pressie from my hubby xx. The plate rack a hand me down from a friend & I started to collect funky tea cup trio's.

This old ladder was found up a tree on a farm ... my wonderful hubby climbed up to retrieve it for me nawww. I have alot of stuff hanging from it bits n pieces I have collected but the Chalk Board Sign is pretty cool ... a friend was having a clean out & was going to chuck it to the tip lucky I was there to rescue it. She had got it from a garage sale yrs ago gotta love it! The Kitchen cupbards are made from recycled jarrah skirting boards with mini orb & the Pine Bench was given to us from a friend who had it sitting in his shed.


 I Love Collecting in fact I Love it so much that it tends to drive my Hubby around the bend. To rescue something & turn it into something of worth (even if it is only to me) gives me a great sense of achievement ... My creative brain never seems to switch off & at times my family are mumbling under there breath ... what is she up to now? I have been collecting stuff for almost 20 yrs ... I have scoured Swapmeets, Markets, Garage Sales, Quokka (our famous trading paper), Farm Sheds, Clearance Sales, Op Shops, Community Chuckouts ...  Sometimes I've collected to much stuff & had to give some away .... So here are some pics of a few collections ... Enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment